Updated: Jan. 22
||HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS & DUE DATES
|Home Reading Log
||Reading is a great way to pass the time! Here are some sites where you can access audiobooks and e-books.
Audible: Audible is an online audiobook company. During this time, they have made a number of their children and teen audiobooks available for people to listen online for free. Try them out!
Tumblebooks Read Along: The books at the top are the easiest. The further down the page you go, the higher the reading level. When you choose a book, the words are on the screen. When you hit the play button, you will hear someone reading the words. The words that are being read out loud are highlighted so it is easier to follow along.
Play on Prodigy to have fun and to practice your math skills!
There will be a different math topic each week. After about 24 to 30 questions, the math questions will be more general.
- June 29 to July 5: unit conversions
- July 6 to 12: multiplying and dividing with decimal numbers
- July 13 to 19: expressions and equations
- July 20 to 26: order of operations
- July 27 to August 2: geometry and coordinates
- August 3 to 9: comparing and ordering fractions and decimals
- August 10 to 16: factors
- August 17 to 23: probability
- August 24 to 30: variables, expressions, and equations
[Note: We do not know if you will have access to Prodigy for the whole summer or not. Feel free to use it until you cannot.]
- TBA (I will coordinate wtih Mr. P.)
- In the meanwhile, you can play on Prodigy too!
Interested in a math topic? Try finding it on Khan Academy. You don't have to register to use this math website. Just enter a topic (e.g. fractions) in the search box and away you go!
- Please refer to the VSB website for information and updates.
- There are optional educational resources available on the class home page.
- For accurate information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, please use reputable and reliable news sources.
- Remeber, you are not alone. We are all in this together.
- Be safe. Be strong. Be positive.
Posted: Sunday, June 28th