||HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS & DUE DATES
||Make sure you have a novel in class for Silent Reading everyday.
|Home Reading Log
||Read for a minimum of 30 minutes each night. Complete a reading log entry in your notebook. Include the following:
- name and date (right hand side)
- Book Title (add "Written by AUTHOR" the first time)
- 3 detailed important events
- note form is fine
- choose one of the following:
- The part when (event) reminds me of the time when (your personal experience).
- I predict that (event) because (evidence or reasonable explanation).
- I felt (emotion) when (event) because (reason).
- use a different type of reflection each time
Use a ruler and draw a line across the page when you finish your home reading log entry.
Due Date: the next school day
Date: Monday, December 10th
- Complete your homework corrections (if any).
- Complete Jump Math 7.1 page 90 (#2 and 3).
||Iqbal (by Francesco D'Adamo)
Complete an entry for chapter 12. Include the following parts:
Click here for a list of characters.
- Summary: Summarize the chapter. Give 3 important events. You may write using note form. Be detailed!
- Refection: Write 1 reflection. Choose from the following writing frames:
- "I felt (emotion or reaction) when (story event) because (reason)."
- "The part when (story event) reminded me of the time when (your personal experience)."
- "I predict that (future event) because (reasonable explanation or evidence)."
- (Use a different reflection writing frame each time. For example, if you used the prediction reflection last day, don't use it again today.)
- Picture with Caption: Sketch a picture related to today's read aloud and write a sentence to describe the scene. Colouring is not needed.
Due Date: Monday, December 10th
||For each of the listed words:
- Write the word in your notebook and underline it.
- Identify what kind of word it is (e.g. noun, verb, adjective, or adverb).
- Give the definition in note form. Try to use your own words.
- Use the word in a meaningful sentence with clues to show what it means.
Due Date: Tuesday, December 11th
- callus (or callous)
Here is our cummulative list of vocabulary words. The words highlighted in blue are our "current" words.
||Complete the chapter 4 worksheet for pages 65 to 71.
Due Date: Wednesday, December 12th
Ancient Mesopotamia Research Project
Poster, Bibliography, and Evaluation Form: Wednesday, December 12th at 12:10 p.m.
Presentation: Friday, December 14th
Please click here to see the project outline worksheet for more information.
Alert! You will have a quiz on Friday based on your chapter 3 worksheets.
Notes about studying for your quiz:
- If you have a green dot on the back of your study sheet, you need to get at minimum of 5 parent/guardian signatures before the quiz. After studying at night for 20 or 30 minutes, ask your parent/guardian to sign your study sheet (even if you are studying using your worksheets). Repeat the next night and so on until you have at least 4 signatures. More signatures are even better!
- If you have an orange dot on the back of your study sheet, you need to get a minimum of 2 parent/guardian signature before the quiz. More signatures are even better!
- Use the RCRC (Read, Cover, Recite/wRite, Cover) strategy or flash cards when studying. Get someone to quiz you.
|French / Music
||Here are the words to the French version of Little Drummer Boy."
Here is a link to see a video of the song.
Posted: Friday, December 7th at 3:40 p.m. (French/Music section added on Saturday.)